Thursday 3 December 2009

Another Ghost Story


I too have heard of Spyway being haunted.
When the building was owned by International House as a language school, I was practising the organ in Langton church one evening when I sensed I was not alone. I stopped playing and turned around to find an Arab youth behind me.
He said he had never been in a Christian church before, nor had he heard an organ. He was an Assad from Syria. He then asked if I would play something very softly, which I did.
He sat down and became very thoughtful. When he stood up, he thanked me and then added: “Did you know that Spyway House is haunted?”. He said he had twice seen a girl on the landing of the back stairs, but when he approached her and said “You know, you should not be in here”, she disappeared through the wall.
I said: “How interesting” and left it at that. That is as much as I know about the Spyway ghost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to go to Spyway during our school holidays in the early 80's. I believe it was called Spyway International School.
Anyway... one night, one of my school mates and I were having a late night natter after 'lights out' when we heard these footsteps come into our room, wander around, stop for a few seconds then whatever it was walked out again. Whatever 'it' was also made the floor boards creak but we never saw anything! It wasn't malevolent, just spooky.