Thursday 31 May 2012

May an OMH old boy intrude?

I came across this wonderful blog after googling Spyway School. Why? I was at your old enemy The Old Malthouse (1959-1963) and thought I'd google other local Purbeck schools. It seems that Spyway is no longer a prep school just like OMH - what a shame. My only memory of your place was that it seemed much more spartan than OMH, the boys were tougher and (for some extraordinary reason) thinner than us, particularly during cold, wet and windswept 1st XV rugger matches which we invariably lost. I never realised that you had access to Dancing Ledge as well - I thought that that was ours and ours alone. We also had to swim naked which, I'm now convinced, somewhat excited the OMH headmaster. However, I think we usually beat you at cricket.
Thanks for all your memories which, but for names and places, so closely resemble mine.
James Osmond

No comments: